Team Leader, Production
HoursAll Shifts Available
The incumbent serves as the first line leader and has responsibility for two (2) moguls, and either the Fruit-Roll or Panning teams, approximately 25 associates on a designated work shift. Through strong leadership, establishes the goals for the team, drives world-class operational performance through lean initiatives, and has overall responsibility for Safety; Machine Care, Sanitation, and Maintenance; Quality; Productivity; Cost; and, People. Will not only drive operational performance but develop exceptional talent through hiring great talent, development activities, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Provides leadership & development to team and associates to provide direction, inspire, challenge and guide activities pertinent to Safety; Machine Care, Sanitation, & Maintenance; Quality; Productivity; Cost; and, People.
- Aligns continuous improvement initiatives with key performance metrics to drive goals.
- Delivers with a commitment to excellence and a dissatisfaction with the status-quo.
- Develops positive relationships with internal constituents and support teams including Human Resources, Finance, Quality, Engineering, Maintenance, Sanitation, Logistics, and Facilities.
- Provides training and coaching on job skills, safety policies, rules and regulations, as well as other company policies and sanitation standards- Leads by example.
- Engages employees in identifying and implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensures that the teams comply with GMP and HACCP guidelines to ensure food safety, food quality and customer specifications.
- Conducts quality and safety audits as scheduled, partners with Quality to ensure compliance to SQF.
- Completes all reporting, root cause analysis, corrective actions, and works with Engineering, Maintenance, and Continuous Improvement to resolve any equipment inefficiencies. Ensures correct reporting of production and adherence to inventory procedures including FEFO control.
- Effectively handles all emergencies and reports incidents to appropriate personnel. Investigates immediately and utilizes support services (HR, Safety, Quality)
- Provide feedback, coaching and cross training to manufacturing staff to develop a highly skilled workforce with potential for promotions.
- Coordinates production activities with planning, warehouse, procurement, facilities/maintenance, sanitation, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources and equipment.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality control, maintenance, sanitation, and operation reports to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications and operating or production problems.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Revises production schedules and priorities because of equipment failure, operating problems, or Supply Chain problems.Inspires and motivates the team through a lively and engaging management style and care for people.
- Builds an empowered, engaged, and high performing team by hiring top talent and developing people. A coach and mentor who seeks to share knowledge and grow talent across the organization-your team will want to follow you.
- Effectively manages all employee relations matters and conflict resolution, and tracks and ensures associates comply with attendance policies.
- Creates development experiences that will cross train and grow talent.
- Ensures focus and accountability, facilitates collaboration, continuous improvement, and achievement of results.
- Manages key projects as assigned.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Management, Engineering or another related field is preferred.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of similar management experience in a manufacturing/production environment, preferably within confectionary industry.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) language preferred, and strong overall communication skills required.
- Strong focus with the courage, drive, and discipline to execute.
- Intellectual and analytical horsepower with ability to apply problem solving techniques and take on business challenges.
- Demonstrated personal and professional values, being a role model & positive influence on those around him/her. Demonstrates unquestionable integrity and character. Brings out the best in others by these qualities.
- Knowledge and demonstrated success driving lean manufacturing principles and tools leading to strong results.
- Demonstrated ability to hire top talent and build talented, engaged, and high performing teams.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience on safety best practices and regulations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; strong interpersonal and organization skills; and, demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to influence people, including building high levels of trust and commitment.
- Exceptional performance and record of achievement demonstrating leadership capabilities.
- Self-motivated and bias for action.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Approachable, authentic and genuine.
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!