Quality Assurance Analyst
Hours1st Shift - 7am - 3pm
The QA Analyst will conduct Quality Assurance audits of production facilities and processes, assuring company standards are maintained and product integrity is preserved. They will make recommendations on how to better improve quality, production, and efficiency problems. The QA Analyst will function as an information source to production and various company departments when special and critical quality issues occur.
- Work closely with the SQFP and QA Manager to ensure compliance with Food Quality and Safety Programs
- Assists Quality department in organization and maintenance of quality documents as well as special projects as dictated by QA Manager
- Review records, inspect documents for accuracy, and maintain documentation manuals (i.e. request and follow-up on supplier documentation, etc.) to ensure they are up-to-date
- Assists in the preparation of SOP’s for new and existing products developed
- Document technical information for plant management team
- Devise sampling procedures and parameters for recording and reporting quality data.
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP’s.
- Support internal and external audit activities by conducting facility inspections in the manufacturing facility and follow-up on corrective actions
- Review the implementation and efficiency of quality and inspection systems.
- Collect and compile statistical quality data from findings
- Analyze data to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- Discuss plant evaluations with plant management, make appropriate recommendations and set timetable for improvement and corrections.
- Prepare plant evaluation reports and submit them to Manager, Quality Assurance Services.
- Assist with investigation and documentation of process deviations.
- Gathering, analyzing and reporting on consumer complaint data.
- Assist with investigations based on consumer feedback (adverse events, complaints) and implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Update forms, records and SOP’s and maintain document register.
- Assist in the validation of processes, equipment and operating procedures.
- Perform routine document and facility food safety and quality audits.
- Preparing report, charts, graphs and presentations.
- Working with cross-functional teams to resolve and track implementation of changes
- Analyze and determine trends in data sets and identify where actions are required based on the data.
- Bachelors Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Micro Biology or Food Science preferred
- Certifications an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Improvement Associate, HACCP, SQF.
- Two – four years experience in field, laboratory, or production facility quality control
- Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience.
- Experience with implementation of corrective action programs.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and databases
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!