Hours2nd Shift - 3pm-11pm
- Responsible for the continuous and uninterrupted functioning of all packaging line systems and equipment
- Interacts with plant and production management, and the maintenance department
- Troubleshoot and repair all packaging line systems and equipment including vertical form and fill bagging machines, rotary cartoners, weigh scales, tapers and conveyors
- Make changeover adjustments to product bag, box size changes and to the machines
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP’s.
- Perform preventive maintenance to ensure all packaging equipment functions properly
- Grease, oil, clean, adjust and track all appropriate places as set forth by manufacturer’s recommended PM schedules
- Provide accurate and timely documentation of work in the equipment logbooks, communications , and verbally to coworkers during shift hand offs
- Assist in the training of others
- Maintain machinery to comply with customer specifications as well as manufacturers specifications
- Maintain and repair all machinery such that food safety and quality is ensured
- Maintain equipment to effectively in order to meet production goals.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- High School education or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Practical experience in troubleshooting and diagnosing all major pieces of packaging equipment highly preferred
- 3-5 years experience in repairing of manufacturing packaging equipment.
- Must be able to competently adjust and repair packaging equipment in a timely manner
- Must be skilled in mechanical repair, equipment set up, preventive maintenance and equipment changeovers
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, properly complete documentation (daily time sheets, line changeover sheets, critical control point sheets, etc.) and equipment logbooks is essential
- Basic math and computer skills are preferred
- Willing to be trained
- Ability to read, speak, and write English is required
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!