Hours1st Shift - 7am - 3pm
Responsible for Product Sampling, R&D samples, Data and Vitamin analysis, and auditing forms.
- Perform required testing using brix refractometer, pH meter, water activity meter, thermometer, texture analyzer, HPLC for vitamin testing and Karl Fischer titration testing.
- Understand the significance of these tests and performs actions based on analysis and test results
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Follow PIM Brands GMP Rules
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP’s
- Complies with GMP and HACCP guidelines to ensure food safety
- Operates within given SOP parameters that ensure desired food quality results and maintain customer specification requirements
- Test raw materials and retain samples
- Maintain PIM bulk sample retains
- Assist in Mogul starch moisture analysis, data collection and reporting
- Perform texture analyzer tests
- QC testing and data recording using a water activity meter
- Calibrate and maintain all equipment including but not limited to thermometers, pH meters, and refractometers.
- Perform weekly and monthly foreign material audits
- Compare and analyze data collected to create reports and charts.
- Perform monthly form inspection audits.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of the Laboratory
- Act as a backup for Microbiology.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- Secondary degree in science related degree preferred
- Prior experience in a laboratory environment desired
- Basic math and computer skills is essential
- Microsoft Office knowledge is essential
- Prior experience in microbiology, pipetting, HPLC and Karl Fischer are preferred.
- Willing to be trained
- Ability to read, speak, and write English is essential, fluent in Spanish and/or English are preferred
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!