HoursOffice Hours- 8:30am-5pm
The Industrial Engineer, reporting to the Process Engineer will lead focused, proactive problem solving efforts to improve plant manufacturing processes and will participate in the formulation, evaluation, and presentation of product, process and manufacturing alternatives.
- Utilize engineering principles and creativity, participates and supports portions of pre-defined Engineering projects.
- Provide technical analyses.
- Make appropriate recommendations and participates in the design and implementation. Drive solution through to completion.
- Troubleshooting and resolving moderately complex process issues.
- Diagnosing technical problems, and identifying short and long-term solutions
- Leading projects to achieve business, quality and compliance objectives.
- Developing and implementing methods to systematically evaluate and analyze manufacturing processes/equipment issues and data from failures, and creating and implementing recommendations to prevent recurrence.
- Working closely with cross-functional teams to resolve problems and optimize output/quality and reduce costs.
- Defining project scope in concert with supervisor, team members and stakeholders.
- Defining alternative solutions and decision criteria, both individually and collaboratively, by which to evaluate the alternatives. Making recommendations on alternatives.
- Developing tactical plans and prioritizing to achieve project goals; solutions must be driven to completion.
- Keep strong records of process improvements and equipment changes.
- Assist teams with start up’s, first production, or full scale trials.
- Master’s degree required in Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
- Completion of related internship in a manufacturing environment or 1-2 years relevant experience in a manufacturing company preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks and adjust priorities as necessary.
- Ability to establish and sustain effective relationships with all stakeholders in order to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation are used to solve problems.
- Ability to lead by involving others in decision processes
- Demonstrated understanding of technology including complexities of products, machinery and costs.
- Familiarity with Industrial Engineering / Product Change Management processes.
- Prior utilization of problem solving and process optimization skills.
- Exposure to process design/process facilitation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Engineering experience in a food manufacturing plant is preferred
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!