HoursOffice Hours- 8:30am-5pm
- Responsible for performing ongoing analysis of product specs, including product structure and manufacturing routing in M3.
- Support analysis of plant level cost. Analyze product yield and waste and update timely in product structures to ensure accurate costing.
- Responsible for plant overhead analysis. Interact with Production Control as needed.
- Perform ad hoc product/plant analysis to support product costing and to support operations.
- Responsible for plant budgeting process and monthly variance analysis to actual.
- Responsible for the general ledger accounting and monthly closing.
- Interfaces with production management, inventory control and warehouse staff, and Quality Control.
- Support audit of internal control as assigned.
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQF.
- Responsible for all new product structures and manufacturing routings in M3.
- Product spec management to include periodic review of Bulk formulations to ensure costing accuracy.
- Performs cost accounting activities covering material shrink and yield analysis quarterly and ongoing updates to product structures in M3.
- Close Capital projects to Fixed Assets and complete related property, plant and equipment schedules
- Record monthly depreciation in fixed asset system.
- Analyze and amortize prepaid expense.
- Review changes and update accrual for obsolete inventory and coordinate with Inventory Manager and QC Manager as required.
- Review profit & loss and perform necessary accruals and related detailed schedules.
- Manage all steps of period end checklist.
- Compares actual costs month to month and provide variances explanations.
- Complete Balance Sheet reconciliation and supporting schedules.
- Complete profit & loss schedule and include related schedules and working trial balance.
- TBD -Analysis and variance reporting of plant budget variances – support to Plant Controller.
- Assist controller in preparation of monthly reporting package.
- Act as backup for daily inventory reconciliation and CAS 310 and assigning Task #’s for Capital.
- Annual labor overhead update and support.
- Assists in Fixed asset project analysis.
- Project work as required (Lot Control EAM, etc.)
- Support for annual audit – Key PIM BRANDS contact for O/S audit.
- Support cycle count and year end physical inventory and spare parts inventory.
- Degree in accounting required. CMA, CPA a plus.
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in cost accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Detail oriented and possess excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Microsoft Excel at advanced level required / INFOR ERP experience a plus
- Willing to be trained / flexibility in daily requirements and project work.
- Ability to read, speak, and write English is essential, fluent in Spanish and/or English are preferred
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!