Director of E-Commerce
Job BriefThe incumbent will lead efforts to develop and execute an e-commerce strategy to step change revenue from the e-commerce channel and help PIM continue to drive double-digit growth. The strategy will include plans to engage and grow a diverse group of PIM brands across multiple e-commerce channels, including but not limited to, Amazon. An effective strategy will include the right product mix, pricing, promotion, content, platform selection and more.
- Develop specific objectives, strategies and tactics which are S-M-A-R-T
- Evaluate brand/product portfolio and identify best opportunities for e-commerce success
- Develop new, e-commerce-specific products and packs if opportunity warrant
- Evaluate and re-adjust pricing strategy to maximize potential and minimize disruption to bricks and mortar retail
- Maximize content across all content and recommend actions to improve engagement and purchase
- Design and execute an effective search strategy
- Develop and implement measurable media, promotion and partnership programs to grow consumption on key sites
- Continually manage and maximize websites for optimal search and conversion
- Have a “learn and adapt” approach to programs; stay up-to-date on changes to e-commerce providers, trends and technology to leverage changes to the landscape
- Establish strong metrics for measurement and evaluation of e-commerce initiatives, including content, promotion, media, price, product, etc.
- Creatively and opportunistically pursue new business opportunities, technologies and partnerships
- Foster learning environment to help people, functions and broader organization understand and contribute to e-commerce success
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field is required
- 5+ years relevant experience in e-commerce/digital marketing, preferably CPG
- Cross-functional knowledge of how e-commerce fits in broader organization, and ability to work-cross functionally with Marketing, Customer Service, Sales, Logistics and Finance
- Strong creative abilities and business acumen
- Able to function with a high level of proficiency and accuracy in a fast- paced environment.
- Strong vision and focus on where to take the business coupled with the courage, drive, and discipline to execute
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills; strong interpersonal and organization skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Demonstrated ability to influence people (direct reports and others), including building high levels of trust and commitment
- Exceptional performance and record of achievement demonstrating leadership capabilities
- Self-motivated and bias for action
- Approachable, authentic and genuine
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!