Assistant Trade Promotions Manager
Job BriefThe incumbent is responsible for the development and administration of relevant materials and tools for the Sales team, enabling their achievement of the company’s strategic imperatives. This includes planning, tracking and reporting of trade spending practices. The ATPM reports to the Associate Director, Sales Operations and Analytics, and also works closely with the VP, Trade Relations, the Executive Vice President, and other internal and external stakeholders. The ATPM is a key liaison between the Sales, Marketing and Finance Departments, in optimizing the return on investment of the company’s trade spending.
- Administer the Trade Promotion Management system, manage and accurately reflect customers, sales, and product hierarchy details, in addition to controlling security measures
- Administer budget processes used within the sales organization: deal status, deal types, and trade / indirect funds to provide transparency to the sales force and executive management on promotional effectiveness for customers
- Assist in Accounts Receivable processes including deduction management, and post audit activities
- Work with enabling technologies, such as AFS Trade Pro, to ensure compliance with required standards and developing future tactics around trade promotion effectiveness, ROI and budget development
- In conjunction with Sales management, develop customer specific promotional events, to achieve sales objectives
- Analyze and evaluate trade promotion events (trade, shopper, and consumer) to determine effectiveness
- Work with management in preparing and presenting key projects and opportunities
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing to identify category, brand, and account specific opportunities
- Proactively monitor and maintain high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency in the sales organization’s trade spending initiatives
- Recommend revisions to existing reports and assist in the development of new reporting tools as needed.
- Build positive customer relationships, work effectively with other team members, peers and management (both internally and externally).
- Build peer support and strong internal-company relationships with other key personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three to five years CPG trade promotion, sales or marketing experience
- Thorough knowledge of retail promotion, marketing and go-to-market strategies
- Demonstrated proficiency managing analytically rigorous initiatives
- Proficiency in MS Office, database information sources and web applications
- Ability to function with a high level of proficiency and accuracy in a fast paced environment
- Ability to access, assess, interpret, and draw accurate conclusions from sales, customer, and shopper data
- Ability to successfully work cross-functionally and manage third party vendors
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Ability to synthesize complex data and develop persuasive internal and external presentations
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!