Assistant Brand Manager
Job BriefHelp lead aggressive growth for key snack and confectionery brands in the Promotion In Motion portfolio. Our proprietary and licensed brand portfolio includes WELCH'S Fruit Snacks, SUN-MAID Milk Chocolate Raisins, ORIGINAL GUMMI FUNXMIX, SOUR JACKS Sour Candies, TUXEDOS Chocolate Almonds, and more.
- Lead development of new products and packaging projects, managing all elements of project team, working with R&D, purchasing, demand/production planning, external agencies where applicable, and senior management.
- Drive growth of the seasonal portfolio, including planning, development and tracking of products for Halloween, Christmas, Easter and Valentine’s Day.
- Assist in development of business/brand plans and budgets.
- Manage packaging and graphics development, with internal or external design agency.
- Develop and manage day-to-day elements of social media, PR, consumer promotion and advertising programs.
- Develop sales analysis/presentations, selling materials and proactively address sales needs for successful distribution and promotion
- Conduct action-oriented analysis and/or research to uncover key issues to address or areas of opportunity.
- Work with licensed partners as appropriate, helping foster communication and instilling confidence.
- Be completely accountable for on-time and successful business execution.
- Leadership: Able to develop actionable plans, persuade others and get a team moving toward a common goal and influence peers and management, including those who don’t report to you.
- Business and marketing acumen/analytics: Able to develop effective and powerful solutions based on data, experience and creativity.
- Communication: Able to clearly, crisply and persuasively present ideas orally and through writing, gain alignment from all levels in organization and cross-functional teams
- Organization: Establish clear objectives and time-bound actions associated with them; don’t let important things fall through the cracks.
- Flexibility: Can handle challenging timelines, changes in direction and able to juggle many things.
- Entrepreneurship and Independence: Able to work and excel in less structured environment; turn ambiguity into action; find opportunity.
- Commitment: Completely dedicated to making it happen; bias for action; relentless pursuit of getting it done.
- Achievement: Motivated by business success.
- Team Player: Can check ego at the door and be comfortable working with others to get things done.
- Relationship Builder: Able to contribute to a positive and constructive work environment.
Promotion In Motion is a lean, entrepreneurial and fast-paced environment. This privately-owned company is achieving substantial growth and seeks people who can thrive in this environment, while helping put in place the building blocks to sustain double-digit growth. Candidates who expect the structure, staff, processes and budgets of a larger organization will not excel. Rather, candidates who can leverage their experience and ideas while adapting to a different business model can make an immediate impact.
Seek candidates with 2-5 years of brand management and/or marketing experience in CPG company, preferably food, including those who have led multifunctional projects.
Bachelors degree is a must; MBA strongly preferred
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!