Hours1st Shift - 7am - 3pm
- Supervise production operations in accordance with plant policies and procedures
- Responsible for the kitchen area and the mogul units
- Interfaces with plant management, production management, maintenance, sanitation, QA/QC and production staff
- Complies with GMP, SQF and HAACP guidelines to ensure food safety, and meets customer specifications
- Ensures that the department operates within given SOP parameters that ensure desired food quality results
- Ensures that the department operates at desired production rates
- Supervise the production workers and communicate vital information to their shifts
- Meet shift production, quality, safety and GMP goals
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP’s.
- Maintain a clean and safe manufacturing area
- Coordinate the staging and timely delivery of ingredients and components to the manufacturing operation
- Train production workers
- Maintain the standards of HACCP and housekeeping and cleanliness guidelines
- Monitor the Mogul and all related equipment for proper maintenance
- Coordinate production start ups, shutdowns and changeovers
- Communicate regularly with other plant and production managers, and other supervisors
- Complete daily reports and review operational sheets for accuracy and completeness
- Identify and inform Maintenance on issues related to preventive maintenance activities, break downs and routine maintenance repairs and servicing
- Order materials for the batching area
- Inventory raw materials and WIP at production breaks
- Direct physical inventory as necessary
- Coordinate the transfer and reassignment of personnel between departments to ensure proper staffing in all areas
- Ensures proper staffing for all production lines to cover for breaks, holidays and time off
- Ability to operate equipment if required.
- Facilitate special projects when required
- Conduct employee reviews
- Ensure adherence to all manufacturing processes and product quality standards.
- Inspect equipment tanks and pumps
- Inspect raw materials
- Review batch sheet for blending
- Review entered data
- Supervise cooking procedures, temperatures, vacuum and brix
- Coordinate with IT for automation
- Coordinate with maintenance for changes and improvements
- Mogul Area:
- Ensure adherence to liquid candy, color, flavor, acid and brix
- Ensure Curing Room temperatures
- Check starch moisture, polishing and packing
- Inspect magnets
- Review production downtime, finished goods and safety
- Supervise pre-weight area. Work trials with QC
- Coordinate all side stream effects such a tray filling, starch sifting, carton movement, etc.
- Facilitate rework efforts by directing and modifying product flows in process
- Responsible for accurate reporting on production, labor hours/costs, downtime, physical losses.
- Required to accurately transfer knowledge to next shift managers.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
Education, Experience & Training
- High School education or equivalent is strongly preferred
- Minimum 5-10 years supervisory experience needed
- Experience in picking, batching, blending and liquid processes desired
- Ability to safely operate a forklift is a plus
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) language and communication skills required
- Thorough knowledge of inventory control and raw material use is essential
- Working knowledge of EXCEL, Outlook, Microsoft Office and other software applications
- An understanding of batch accountability and troubleshooting regarding processing is a must
- Willing to be trained
Physical Demands/ Essential Job Functions
Standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling and crouching. Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools and controls. Lifting and moving of objects weighing at least 30 lbs. Reasonable accommodations will be evaluated and considered to enable an individual to perform the essential job functions.
Job will generally be performed in the manufacturing plant. When on the plant floor it is representative of a large, busy manufacturing operation. Noisy, active, objects on the floor, constant movement and traffic flow of motorized equipment. Hair net, beard net, assigned work uniform, protective eye wear and gloves are among the GMP required apparel that must be worn, if indicated, on the plant floor.
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!