Production Machine Mechanic
Hours2nd Shift - 3pm-11pm
Provides maintenance and repair of equipment, primarily manufacturing/mogul, but can include other equipment in the physical plant. Supports and ensures the quality of manufactured goods and optimal production levels by keeping manufacturing machinery is sound working order.
- Maintain all production line machinery and equipment.
- Diagnose, repair, maintain, rebuild, operate and troubleshoot all mechanical equipment.
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP’s.
- Make equipment adjustments as needed.
- Execute preventive maintenance programs.
- Report maintenance problems to supervisors without delay.
- Perform equipment inspections.
- Communicate regularly with QC, supervisors and machine operators.
- Prepares and maintains records and reports; completes work orders for all activities and records spare parts used.
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- High School education or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in manufacturing field and use of high speed equipment.
- Knowledge of machine shop, welding, fabrication, hydraulics, pneumatics and mechanical troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in vehicle and equipment repair is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in the safe use of power and hand tools and diagnostic equipment is required.
- Must be able to follow written instructions, including manuals and manufacturers’ service and repair specifications.
- Flexibility to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Basic math and computer skills are preferred.
- Willing to be trained. Ability to read, speak, and write English is required
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!