HoursOffice Hours- 8:30am-5pm
- The Plant Manager has direct oversight for Production, Maintenance and Sanitation. Dotted line to other areas such as Distribution, Quality, Safety, etc. Accountable for all business results for the operation including productivity, safety, quality, cost, and organizational development.
- Lead the facility to achieving standard or better productivity as defined by throughput, material usage and direct and indirect labor usage.
- Direct and support the maintenance program for consistent preventative maintenance and minimal downtime.
- Ensures adherence to the Company’s Food Safety requirements and Good Manufacturing Practices 24/7. (HACCP, SQF, NSF, etc.)
- Ensure safety standards are being followed and upheld in plant to maintain a safe work environment.
- Ensure all defined quality standards are maintained and executed in plant. While there is a quality staff, it is the ultimate responsibility of the Plant Manager to ensure quality products are produced that meet both regulatory and customer expectations.
- Maintain a high level of sanitation with the facility at all times. This should be sufficient to satisfy internal, regulatory, 3rd party, and customers reviews for a food production facility.
- Responsible for the plant staffing strategy, skill and development of the staff, performance management and employee morale
- Implement effective training programs to develop leadership and technical skills within both the salaried and hourly workforce.
- Ensure appropriate engagement and teambuilding with employees. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining a cohesive employee working environment across shifts and across departments.
- Responsible for preparing and executing the plant overhead budget, and direct product cost targets. Accountable for Department’s capital budget and submission of projects.
- Support Marketing and Product Development on new product initiatives
- Responsible for driving issues to root cause and developing a zero loss mentality
- Drives communication across shifts and throughout the facility.
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP’s
- Must be able to work some weekend shifts on a rotational basis
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- BS or BA degree in business, engineering or similar degree.
- 5-10 years of experience in a food processing industry.
- 10+ years of prior plant or production leadership experience is required.
- Strong planning and organization skills and ability to multi task
- Strong leadership skills with provide record of developing staff from hourly associate to hourly management.
- Proven decision making ability using various analytical tools (variance reports, downtime analysis, etc.)
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, etc.
- High sense of urgency
- Ability to work well under pressure in fast paced environment
- Six sigma experience highly desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!