Hours1st Shift - 7am - 3pm
- Supervises department to ensure that the stationary boilers, air compressors, chillers are operating safely, and other mechanical equipment provides utilities for the building and the industrial processes
- Interacts with the maintenance department, plant management and regulatory inspectors
- Ensures department maintains machinery to comply with customer specifications as well as manufacturers specifications
- Ensures that department maintains and repairs all machinery such that food safety and quality is ensured
- Ensures that equipment is maintained to meet desired processing rates
- Supervises to ensure that all facility systems are operating safely and within code
- Supervise staff, promoting a safe work environment through adherence to standards company safety rules
- Report food safety and quality issues to Plant management and SQFP
- Follow PIM Brands GMP rules
- Monitor fellow employees for adherence to GMP’s.
- Routinely check and test all equipment, systems and gauges
- Analyze operations and problems to take appropriate action to ensure safe, continuous and reliable functioning of equipment and systems
- Observe, interpret and log readings on gauges, meters and charts registering various aspects of boiler operation to ensure that boilers are functioning properly
- Develop proper operation, safety and maintenance procedure
- Maintain stationary boilers, air compressors, chillers and other mechanical /HVAC equipment to comply with customer specifications as well as manufacturers specifications
- Complies with GMP and HAACP guidelines to ensure food safety
- Operates within given SOP parameters that ensure desired food quality results are not jeopardized, and that customer specifications are met
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
- High School education or equivalent is preferred
- Basic math and computer skills are required
- 3-5 years experience as supervisor in a maintenance department or HVAC company.
- Current Blue or Black Seal High Pressure Boiler Operator License
- Universal heating and cooling license preferred.
- Willing to be trained.
- Ability to read, speak, and write English is required.
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!