Technical Director, Confectionery
Job Brief• The Technical Director of Confectionary will provide technical product development knowledge and services to support the development of new or improved products and processes, with special emphasis Confectionary products.
• Develop new and improving existing products, ingredients and processes by applying technical, Food Science knowledge. Capable of working at a rapid pace to respond to external and internal demands while simultaneously handling multiple project requirements.
• Possesses the ability to interact successfully with Marketing and Business Development teams, manufacturing and co-manufacturers to develop relevant and timely products.
• Demonstrates exceptional organizational, communication, problem solving and project management skills in interactions with immediate team members, cross-functional groups and external customers.
• Demonstrates initiative, leadership and is able to work independently and within a cohesive team environment.
• Able to thrive in a face-paced, dynamic, team environment that encompasses end-to-end development (concept and exploration through manufacturing scale up, start up and process optimization).
- Plan, execute, evaluate and accurately document test work to optimize product design of assigned projects.
- Coordinate product development and commercialization activities within immediate work team and within cross-functional groups (planning bench test work, resource management, communication of key deliverables/outcomes).
- Maintain precise and appropriate documentation to support development and commercialization of assigned products.
- Develop working relationships with key suppliers, Sales, Marketing and Business Development Partners, Commercialization and Manufacturing.
- Generate value analysis/process improvement ideas on an ongoing basis.
- Provide clear and concise direction to technicians regarding daily test work.
- Complete hands on bench work as needed to achieve project goals and meet timelines.
- Provides direction to Product Development technicians in the development of value-added new products and improvement of existing products, ingredients and processes.
- Provides direction to cross-functional groups in the scale up and commercialization of new products and renovations.
- 7+ years food industry experience in a Senior R&D role
- Master of Food Science or Technology degree, PhD preferred
- Strong project management and organizational skills are required
- Candidates must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, adapt easily to changing project needs and demonstrate success in a both R&D and production facility environments
- The individual must have strong creative, problem solving and organizational skills, and able to successfully complete multiple, simultaneous projects requiring short timelines
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!