SupervisorManager of Purchasing
Job BriefSupport Director of Purchasing and overall Purchasing Department with inventory management of assigned products, components, and supplies by verifying demand need, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders as well as verifying timely receipt of purchased items to support all company operations.
- Reviews inventory levels on assigned stock products on a daily basis for all company assigned production locations to ensure that production demand and safety stock levels as assigned in MRP and company policy are met.
- Analyze inventory levels of assigned stock products at all company locations in an effort to move excess inventory, when applicable, prior to placing new purchase orders for product from suppliers.
- Recommends and prepares purchase orders by verifying stock status, specifications, and price including recommendations to minimize costs for proper run rates at suppliers.
- Obtains approval of purchase order recommendations from management.
- Obtains purchased items by forwarding approved purchase orders to suppliers, monitoring status of purchase orders, expediting purchase orders, and rescheduling purchase orders as needed.
- Verifies suppliers have received purchase orders, and have provided signed confirmation within assigned guidelines.
- Maintains required documentation (physical and/or electronic as determined by management) of purchase orders and supplier confirmations.
- Verifies receipt of items by comparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error with suppliers.
- Monitors and resolves issues with suppliers on any issues involving purchase orders, stock status, and/or receiving locations as necessary.
- Assures uninterrupted and efficient flow of requested materials and services, and properly alerts Purchasing management of any issues negatively affecting company that are not able to be resolved at Purchasing Agent level.
- Keep abreast of changes affecting both the supply of, and demand for, needed products and materials.
- Keeps information accessible by sorting and filing documents.
- Monitors and assists Purchasing Manager with supplier pricing.
- Reviews and processes approved purchase requisitions for non-stock/service items as company needs are determined.
- Review and processes purchase orders for all finished goods support packaging items (IE. pallets, shrink-wrap, etc.) as needed.
- Creates daily, weekly, and monthly reports (future order reports) as needed and/or determined by management for internal use and/or issuance to suppliers.
- Reviews inventory levels for providing recommendations for slow moving/obsolete products for potential use or disposition.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities including gaining familiarity with supplier base.
- Continuously assist Purchasing Department in identifying potential new suppliers as well as identify current suppliers no longer in or struggling to meet company compliance standards.
- Participate in corporate end of year inventories as required by performing multiple tasks that could include counting warehouse stock, data entry, or other administrative tasks.
- 5+ years experience in Purchasing (including supplier management) or related field in Manufacturing environment (Food related experience preferred).
- Familiarity with new product innovations/launches.
- Related Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Basic math and computer skills are required.
- Proficient data entry in an MRP system.
- Familiarity with reports and ability to source and provide information quickly and precisely.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and word processing.
- Ability to function with a high level of productivity and accuracy in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- Experience in handling confidential information, and ensuring confidentiality is maintained.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to discuss terms of an agreement.
- Ability to use sound judgment when analyzing cost elements and system inventory levels.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proof reading skills.
- Professional manner and presentation.
- Ability to speak, read, and write English is essential.
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!