Job BriefThe Project Manager will lead strategic and high priority innovation and packaging projects with focus on delivering against objectives and continuously improving process.
- Develop and implement project management model for new product launches
- Lead project teams to define objectives, success criteria, resources, costs and timelines to deliver flawlessly against goals
- Work with Marketing team to help plan projects in advance and develop key project success criteria
- Develop and own of project timelines, using appropriate software (Microsoft Project, Excel, etc.), and manage day-to-day elements
- Organize and run regular (and ad hoc) project meetings, ensuring all key stakeholders know what they need to do and are meeting deliverables
- Constructively collaborate and help trouble-shoot and resolve conflicts
- Communicate levels of risk and ways to mitigate
- Liaise with multiple functions regularly – outside of weekly project meetings – to build relationships, collaboratively solve problems and drive to project completion. Functions include Marketing, Sales, Purchasing, Graphic/Design, Packaging, R&D, Demand Planning, Finance, Logistics, Manufacturing, Engineering, and outside vendors as appropriate.
- College degree plus minimum of 5 years of project management experience; advanced degree a plus
- 5 years’ experience in project planning and execution in multi-function teams, supply chain management, preferably in consumer packaged goods industry
- Demonstrated software skills in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project or similar programs
- Track record of delivering results
- Leadership and influence: able to influence and motivate people who are not direct reports
- Proactivity: doesn’t wait for others.
- Organization, attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to thrive in situations of complexity and ambiguity
- Team player with ability to work with all functional players and understands how to navigate
- Flexibility to step outside the bounds of normal roles to help get it done
- Excellent follow-up
- Strong communications skills, written and verbal
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!