Job BriefApplies scientific and engineering principles in research, development and production technology. Studies methods to improve the quality of the manufactured products, such as flavor, color or texture. Supports the development of product formulations, evaluation of new products and ingredients. Assists in the definition of process parameters, procedural specifications, shelf life evaluations, coordinates pilot and manufacturing trials, documents trial results and coordinates product start-ups. Tests new products in the laboratory and develops specific processing methods and interacts with the process engineer, QA/QC, production management, packaging and marketing leaders to resolve problems.
- Assist producing bench sample according to instructions.
- Document all work according to established procedures and Maintains records.
- Interface directly with appropriate R&D, QA, and core team on the status and findings of investigations performed in the laboratory.
- Benchmarking, pilot development and formulation of snack products.
- Product testing; physical, chemical, analytical, sensory and shelf life testing.
- Evaluate and approve ingredients.
- Test and define procedures and processing parameters.
- Assist pilot plant trials and manufacturing scale up process.
- Explore and test improvements in existing products.
- Document technical information and prepare reports for trials.
- Assist production start-up and assist in providing technical support.
- Enter data of findings from trials and bench work.
- BS degree in Food Science or Chemistry required, advanced degree desired and encouraged.
- 2-5 years in the food manufacturing industry required.
- Knowledge of raw materials and ingredient functionality are essential.
- Must be able to perform mathematical functions.
- Excellent, effective communication skills are required as well as effective presentation skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in supporting and communicating technical information to all technical, production and marketing staff.
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!