Consumer Affairs Specialist
Job BriefEnsures all consumer complaints are addressed and resolved on a timely basis. Reviews, evaluates, classifies and performs follow up activities on all product complaints
Receives and responds to consumer complaints and issues via live calls, emails from consumers, email notification from licensee, and emails from digital agency through Marketing (re: social media concerns) Represent Company to the highest professional standards at all times.
- Reviews the email and phone conversations and logs it on to a spreadsheet database.
- Responds back to consumers in a timely fashion and gives each consumer individualized attention based on severity.
- Exercises judgment on which complaints need to be escalated and routes them accordingly.
- Resolves basic issues independently within established guidelines with either a coupon, pre-paid postage envelope to have the findings evaluated.
- Work with R & D and Quality Control to obtain root cause analysis.
- Develop knowledge on most common complaints and root cause to respond to and educate consumer.
- Maintains a file process of each consumer and processes these files when consumers send back to us the foreign object, the hard substance, or packaging concerns.
- Work cross-functionally on any media concerns or foreign objects that need follow up or special care( sometimes-insurance involved or General Counsel)
- Use and maintain database(s), provide analysis and trending data all on complaints.
- Bachelor’s degree a plus.
- 0 – 2 years’ experience in compliance, audit or complaint handling experience a must.
- Excellent customer service background and interpersonal skill set.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to work well with others
- Consistently positive attitude with teammates and complainants
- Ability to work well in fast paced environment
- Attention to detail with ability to multi-task.
- General clerical duties, telephone, filing, office organization.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel).
Employee BenefitsWe offer a comprehensive, flexible employee benefits package that includes medical and dental coverage, life insurance, an employer-matched 401(K) plan, vacation and PTO time, discretionary bonus and of course CANDY!